CASE STUDY
— THE COLLECTOR’S EYE
Design
In The Collector’s Eye, the melange of disparate elements, vintage and contemporary, refined and brutalist, are united by a discerning eclecticism in an historic exhibition space. Expert curation forges easy connections between diverse objects from divergent times and places, effortlessly linking eras and styles, materials and forms. This collection, with all the hallmarks of an exhibition, is photographed at Copenhagen’s Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art, which has morphed and evolved in a similar manner since it was originally built and designed in 1891 by artist and architect J.F. Willumsen.
This story is featured in Ark Journal VOL V.
STYLING PERNILLE VEST
PHOTOGRAPHY MIKKEL MORTENSEN / YELLOWS
MAKERS OF MEMORIES
Finding balance through contrast is at the heart of the architectural and design practice of Fanny Bauer Grung and David Lopez Quincoces. Past and present. Simple and rich.
OPEN PLAN
In 2018 Belgian architect Bruno Spaas discovered a space, an empty shell, on the top floor of a 15-storey tower building in Antwerp and with his newly founded architectural office, he initiated a capacious and free-spirited project that could serve as his future business card.
STUDIO YK
Among the greats of Finnish design, Yrjö Kukkapuro defies categorisation. He lives as he designs, with a pragmatism that never compromises on experimentation and imagination, and he is a cornerstone of contemporary Finnish design and visual culture.
CASE STUDY
— THE COLLECTOR’S EYE
Design
In The Collector’s Eye, the melange of disparate elements, vintage and contemporary, refined and brutalist, are united by a discerning eclecticism in an historic exhibition space. Expert curation forges easy connections between diverse objects from divergent times and places, effortlessly linking eras and styles, materials and forms. This collection, with all the hallmarks of an exhibition, is photographed at Copenhagen’s Den Frie Centre of Contemporary Art, which has morphed and evolved in a similar manner since it was originally built and designed in 1891 by artist and architect J.F. Willumsen.
This story is featured in Ark Journal VOL V.